The Rossmoyne Netball Club has a 3 part process for team selection:
Part 1 – 2021 Player Observations
During the third round of matches and finals in 2021, members of the Grading and Team Selection committee observed all teams to gather additional player information for team selection.
Part 2 – 2021 Coach Reports
Consideration will be given to the previous season’s Coaches Report which will include comment on ball skills, footwork, court sense, athleticism, determination and attitude.
Part 3 – 2022 Grading Sessions
Players are required to attend 2-3 sessions of match play against participants of the same age group in February/March 2022.
Attendance at the grading sessions is compulsory for all players and non-attendance will impact on team selection. Players will only be able to trial at grading if they have paid full registration fees for the 2022 season. The Grading and Team Selection committee retains the right to hold an additional grading session if required. Please see our Grading and Team Selection Policy for further details.
The Grading and Team Selection Committee will make the final decision on team selection from information gathered from the player observations, coaches’ reports and the grading sessions. Where a player is unable to attend any grading session, that player will be placed in a team at the discretion of the Committee.
Grading sessions are tailored to each age group and may incorporate players across two years of birth:
- Senior grades (born 2002 or earlier) – players are required to attend 3 grading sessions
- 19 & Under (born 2003 and 2004) – players are required to attend 3 grading sessions
- 17 & Under (born 2005 and 2006) – players are required to attend 3 grading sessions
- Junior A, B, C, D and E grades (born 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011) – players are required to attend 2-3 grading sessions with other players in their year of birth
- GO F grade (born 2012) – players are required to attend a skills based assessment session rather than formal grading
- GO G and SET grades (born 2013-2015) – no grading, but a skills based assessment session may be required depending on the number of players registered.
*** Rossmoyne Netball Club is a grading-training-playing Club. The club selects teams based on playing ability and does not select teams based on friendship, social or transport requests. Players are expected to train and play on a regular basis. ***
The full list of times and dates for the 2022 Grading Sessions is available via the link below.