All players registering with the Rossmoyne Netball Club (Inc.) must agree to abide by the PLAYERS CODE OF BEHAVIOUR and PLAYER COMMITMENT.
Please read this carefully prior to signing the registration form.
PLAYERS’ CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
- Play by the rules.
- Never argue with the umpires. If you disagree, have your Captain approach the Umpires during a break, or after the game.
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of umpires, or other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your team. Your team’s performance will benefit, so will you.
- Be a good sport. Applaud all good play, whether by your team, opponent or the other team.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated.
- Co-operate with your coach, team-mates and opponents. Without them there would be no competition.
- Don’t use derogatory language.
- Play fair and in the spirit of the game of Netball
As endorsed by the Australian Sports Commission
Any breaches of this “Code of Behaviour” will be dealt with by the Committee, and players may be dismissed from the Club in cases of severe misconduct or repeated offences.
As a Rossmoyne Netball Club member, I commit too:
- Play fair and with integrity. Treat others how you want to be treated.
- Know the rules. Play by the rules. Accept the final decision.
- Recognise all good play. Applaud my team and the opponent.
- Be a team player. Support my team and respect the decisions that have been made for the good of team performance.
- Respect authority during the game, including that of the coach, umpire and officials. I will encourage others to do the same.
- Fulfil my commitment to the team. Always be on time. Attend training sessions. Be game ready on match day.
- Ensure all equipment and facilities are fit for purpose and safe. If I see something, I will say something
- Appreciate the contribution of all those who create the opportunity for me to play including volunteer coaches, scorers, timekeepers, administrators, and umpires.
- Wear my team colours proudly and know I am part of a safe, welcoming, and inclusive Club.
SPECTATORS’ CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
Control your temper. Verbal abuse of umpires, coaches or players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted.
ALL CLUB POLICIES ARE AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE HERE;